Before starting the cruise, we stayed 2 nights in Venice, which is the departure city. Hotels are quite expensive in Venice. We found an accommodation in an ideal location (a 3-minute walk from Piazza San Marco
Hotel : Hotel Casanova Venezia
Address : Sestiere San Marco 1284, Venise
2 nights, from 08/07/2015 to 08/09/2015
Price : €240 for 2 people (€120 per night)
Reservation : Venere.com
Our cruise departs from Venice on 08/09/2015 at 5:30 p.m.:
Start: 08/09/2015 at 5:30 p.m.
End: 08/16/2015 at 09:00
Port of departure and arrival: Venice
Boat: Costa Deliziosa
Cabin with porthole for 2 people
Price: 750 € / person
The cruise program:
- 08/09/2015: Departure from Venice at 5.30 p.m.
- 08/10/2015: Stopover in Bari (Italy) from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- 08/11/2015: Stopover in Corfu (Greece) from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 08/12/2015: Stopover in Mykonos (Greece) from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- 08/13/2015: Stopover in Santorini (Greece) from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- 08/14/2015: Cruising day
- 08/15/2015: Stopover in Dubrovnik (Croatia) from 08:00 to 13:00
- 08/16/2015: Return to Venice at 09:00
Check-in is done upon arriving at the Venice cruise port at the quay level before boarding:
We took a cabin with a porthole. It is luxurious and well equipped.
The « Costa Deliziosa » boat is a real traveling village:
The boat is very well equipped and everything is done so that you don’t get bored. You will find swimming pools and jacuzzis:
There is a casino open every evening, bars (indoor and outdoor) and a central bar which is always lively:
In the boat, there is also a gym, a theater with entertainment every evening:
Cruise Description :
- Every day, after cleaning the cabins, you will find the program for the next day on your bed: Stopover times, entertainment, activities, dinner menu…
- For breakfast, lunch and dinner, there is a buffet accessible to everyone.
- Drinks are chargeable. You can pay for a package: unlimited drinks.
- For lunch and dinner, you have access to the à la carte restaurant (included in the cabin price for everyone)
- You will certainly miss the à la carte restaurant several times for lunch because it is during the stopovers. But, you will always find something to snack on in the buffet.
- Do not miss the à la carte restaurant for dinner: It is a delight. Italian cuisine with 3 types of pasta every day, starter, main course and dessert
- Depending on your cruise and your ship, a day is fixed for the Captain’s Party. It’s a festive dinner with free champagne and a whole special setting
- At each stopover of the cruise, COSTA has paid excursions to visit the city or to do an activity. Prices vary from 50€ to 120€ per person. You can always do the tours (sometimes the same tour offered by the company) yourself much cheaper.
But, it is necessary to prepare the necessary information before. The internet connection is very expensive on the boat and you will never find information about public transport because the cruise company “pushes” you to pay for its excursions.